A sore throat is a condition marked by pain in the throat, typically caused by inflammation due to a cold or other virus that often worsens when you swallow. The most common cause of a sore throat (pharyngitis) is a viral infection, such as a cold or the flu. A sore throat caused by a virus resolves on its own.
Symptoms of a sore throat can vary depending on the cause. Signs and symptoms might include:
- Pain or a scratchy sensation in the throat
- Pain that worsens with swallowing or talking
- Difficulty swallowing
- Sore, swollen glands in your neck or jaw
- Swollen, red tonsils
A sore throat can be caused by many things. It can occur during a cold, flu or other illness or be from exposure to some type of irritant such as pollution or cigarette smoke. Sometimes, spitting on waste can result to one having a sorethroat.
There’re some effective ways of getting rid of sore throat, some may include the use of antibiotics. however, before trying any remedy for a sore throat, it is important to have the cause of the pain properly diagnosed. When the cause is not serious, drinking a mixture of water, lemon and honey may help.
How To Use Ginger, Lemon and Honey Recipe For Sorethroat
To use this honey for sore throats, add one tablespoon honey and one tablespoonlemon juice to a hot mug of water. Add lemon zest and ginger root to a small 1 cup sealable jar. Pour honey over top and stir until ingredients are well blended. If need be, heat honey over a pot of hot water to make it flow
- Add lemon zest and ginger root to a small 1 cup sealable jar.
- Pour honey over top and stir until ingredients are well blended. If need be, heat honey over a pot of hot water to make it flow.
- Put lid on jar. Allow mixture to infuse for 5 to 10 days in a cool, dark place.
- Mixture can be used right away or stored for several months.
- If you wish, after ten days, you can pour the honey through a fine strainer to remove the lemon zest and ginger. This step is optional, the ginger and lemon zest can remain in the honey