Pile is a swollen and inflamed veins in the rectum and anus that cause discomfort and bleeding. Hemorrhoids also refered as Piles is a swollen vein or group of veins in the region of rectum and anus. The rectum is found at the end of the digestive system which connects with large intestine before ending at the anus.
Hemorrhoids is a medical condition but can’t be described as a deadly bacteria or virus. It usually go away on their own if constipation is avoided. The irritations can be painful however, causing some discomfots. People having this condition sometimes get some embarrasssing moments. Hemorrhoids can be treated with some home remedies or over the counter drugs.
The most common symptom of hemorrhoids are irritation, itching, pressure and stretched feeling while passing stool.
There are two categories of hemorrhoids by their location.
External hemorrhoids: They are present in the rectum, and you can see them without.
Internal hemorrhoids: They are present inside the anus, and usually they are hidden. You can’t see them for
- Straining during bowel movements.
- Sitting for long periods of time on the toilet.
- Chronic diarrhea or constipation.
- Anal intercourse.
- Low-fiber diet.
Symptoms of hemorrhoids:
The very obvious sign of hemorrhoids is the feeling of a lump like growth around the anal area. If it is internal hemorrhoid, you may only feel an itch or nothing at all. However, some more general symptoms to feel are as follows.
- Extreme itching
- Mucus discharge near anus
- Feeling a burning sensation around and inside anus
- Uncomfortable feeling, especially while sitting
- Difficulty during walking
- Unsatisfied bowel feeling
- Bleeding or no bleeding
Treatment for hemorrhoids( Natural remedies)
In some individuals, a simple and natural way can get the hemorrhoids diseapper. While in others, the condition would take quality time for it to go away.
It’s very important to maintain a personal hygiene and cultivate the habit of consuming at least 6-8 glasses of water every day. This is to help keep the body from getting dehydrated which can cause pressure in passing out feaces.
Some home remedies includes
- Try as much as possible to keep the anal area clean. Wash it with a medicated soap and warm water and rinse thoroughly.
- Use a soft towel or wipes that has no alcohol or other chemicals that might be harmful to the area.
- Avoid washing your clothes with extreme detergents and bleach while you have hemorrhoid. It may reach with your skin.
Other methods are:
- Creams and Ointments can be used
There’re creams and ointments that contains benzocaine and menthol that can be used in soothing the irritations.
- The use of Aloe Vera
It gives a very soothing and relaxing effect due to its natural properties. It can be easily break off from a plant, and the gel can be easily squeezed from it and applied to the affected area. Freeze the Aloe Vera stripes and then use for a cool effect..
This is very effective to relieve the constant itching. Use it with a soft cloth or a cotton ball and apply the soaked material to the affected area.
- Eating foods high in fiber
Fibers are the best option to have when you start seeing the symptoms of hemorrhoids such as lentils, beans, peas, broccoli, raspberries, blackberries, avocados, bran flakes, whole-wheat pasta or any such thing.
It helps in treating the hemorrhoids and makes sure that your digestive system is functioning properly.
Vitamin E capsules are also the best to use as a medicine