Regular consumption of carrots can help reduce cholesterol level. Carrots are one of the highest contributors of vitamin A refered as the powerhouse vitamin. Carrots also contain some amounts of vitamins C, D, E and K, as well as many minerals such as magnesium, potassium and calcium. Carrots are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
Carrot is an amazing vegetable very rich in vitamin A. Carrots can be eaten raw as a fruit, it can be used in preparing your salads. The health benefits of carrots are enormours. Carrots contains antioxidants, and other nutrients.
Carrots have antioxidants called carotenoids. One of these carotenoids is beta carotene, a pioneer to active vitamin A. Beta carotene is crucial for improving immunity in the body, protecting skin and eye health, and fighting free radical damage that can cause various forms of chronic diseases like cancer and heart disease.
Eating carrots, has shown to be very effective in reducing the risks of cancer and cardiovascular disease. Also carrots are very helpful in maintain a healthy skin, eyes, digestive system and gum.
In some individuals, eating carrots in the raw form may not be appealing to them. A better way perhaps is by preparing a juice from it which is called carrot juice! Interesting right?
- High Source of Antioxidants (Especially Beta Carotene)
- Decreases Risk for Heart Disease and Stroke.
- Helps Protect Against Cancer.
- Important for Maintaining Oral Health.
As earlier stated, Carrots can be used in different ways without loosing its nutritional value. If you choose to eat it raw, or have it in form of a juice, it still works wonders such as balancing blood sugar, improving blood health, relieving congestion, fighting inflammation and cleansing the kidneys to protecting eyesight, brain function etc…
Other Amazing Health Benefits of Carrots
1. Digestion: Daily consumption of carrots increase saliva and supply essential minerals, vitamins and enzymes that aid in digestion. Eating carrots regularly may help prevent gastric ulcers and other digestive disorders.
2. Fiber: Carrots are high in soluble fiber, which may reduce cholesterol. Eating carrots may also help reduce blood clots and prevent heart disease.
3. Eyes, hair, nails and more: The nutrients in carrots can improve the health of your eyes, skin, hair, nails and more through helping to detoxify your system and build new cells.
How to prepare Carrot Juice
Preparing carrot juice only requires very simple steps to follow.
- Wash and chop the carrots.
- Add them to the blender or food processor. Blend until the carrots are chopped finely or mashed. If the carrots are too dry, simply add a little water or milk to get everything moving.
- Pour your carrot juice into a large jug and add half a liter of water (500mL).
- Let stand for 30 minutes
- To spice your juice up, try adding the juice of a few oranges/lemon.
- Pour into a glass over ice.